Just as baseball, basketball and hockey are considered as the most popular sports in the United States, similarly soccer is has also become a preferred sports of the masses due to its popularity across the world. Unlike other ball games such as basketball and baseball, soccer has a very few highlights peak during the game. Most of the matches have between 2-3 goals, and the game could turn around just in five minutes. This is why soccer seems to be more thrilling and interesting compared to the other sports.
Naman Wakil has a sheer passion for soccer and has always dreamt of playing in big soccer leagues such as English Premier League, the German Bundesliga, or Spanish La Liga. He is from Miami, Florida and is working hard to finish his degree in sports science from the University of Miami.
The game of soccer has captured a unique place in the minds of the people all over the world and has turned into the most popular sport game throughout the world. Soccer is played between two separate teams and on each side there are eleven players and a sphere-shaped ball acts as the main point of the sport. The elementary rule of playing the game is that the player of one team should be able to take the ball to the goal of the opposite team. All players are allowed to handle the ball only by their feet apart from the goalkeepers who can use their hands and arms to handle the ball. At certain times, the players can also use their head or torso to drive the ball forward. Listed below are few points which state why soccer is such a popular game:
- Unlike other sports like cricket, badminton, soccer is a relatively inexpensive game as it does not require the players to spend large sum of money on equipment. A ball, soccer cleats, jersey, shorts and shin guards are the only items that are required.
- The rules and regulations of soccer are quite easy to understand as they are direct and well-defined.
- This sport does require physical fitness and athleticism; however, one does not need to be physically commanding.
- Soccer offers more chances to contest globally, at amateur as well as professional levels. At the uppermost level, soccer also offers you the chance to signify your team against all other countries on the earth.
- Compared to the other ball games soccer players are less predisposed to wounds and incidents.
Apart from all these as stated by Naman Wakil correctly soccer has a global reach; in fact it is like an international language that crosses the barriers of the culture, beliefs and principles. With recent changes in time, soccer is gradually getting the notice it deserves in the United States. More and more people are tuning into the World Cup and other important events. In the years to come, it is very likely more Americans will begin enjoying this high impact sport just like Naman Wakil and will give it the fair attention that it deserves.